Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Off Again



We arrived home from the family reunion yesterday around 3:00pm. Spicey hasn't stopped pooping since. Evidently vacationing stopped her up for a few days. The suitcases are unpacked and most of the laundry is done. I dropped off SEVEN rolls of film today: four are from the reunion, the rest are from our trip to Mexico back in January, Cool's birthday, Easter, and all kinds of other stuff that I don't remember. Yes, it was a major film drop off procrastination. The little sundresses were a hit and looked very cute on some very little girls. We had a wonderful time with beautiful weather, lots of children running around, and lots of sand. Everywhere.

Tomorrow I leave bright and early for the Antiques Show. I haven't packed yet, but I did go to the store to buy my husband lots of easy food to make/eat while I'm gone, settled up my spending cashola at the bank, and bought myself a decaf mocha frappe' with whip cream to celebrate my impending vacation.

My new shoes are comfy and feeling great on my feet. I'm so happy I bought them. Look! A rare moment when my feet aren't retaining water. I know, the polish is not magenta, but it's close.

My cart. People! My flea market shopping cart is INCREDIBLE. I nearly wet my pants when I saw it. The story goes like this: last year April, JK (my SIL), and I bought some really awesome flea market carts to take and then we (all five who went last year) got together to sew cute liners for them. The liners keep treasures from falling through the mesh of the cart. I made mine out of an old chenille bedspread. One girl used a vintage tablecloth, two cut old quilt tops, and one used an adorable old feedsack. I love my cart from last year but after using it I felt that it was a little bigger than I preferred. So when I found a smaller one for $4.00 at a thrift store during the winter I decided to opt for a smaller cart this year. The problem? I haven't had time to make a new liner for it. Enter my fab sister-in-law, JK, who took it home with her a week ago with some oilcloth fabric I had on hand and whipped up the most divine cart liner. She brought it over today and I felt like crying with delight. She is a genius and so generous to do this for me when my time was so crunched this month.

Behold! A glorious red polka dot lined flea market cart!
newcart1

It is equipped with two extra features: An inner set of pockets for holding breakables and other small items.

newcart3
And a detachable outer pocket perfect for holding a water bottle, a few snacks, and whatever else my heart desires for hands-free shopping.
newcart2

The polka dots, the coordinating off-white rick-rack and buttons, the pockets. It's amazing. I'm in heaven!

I can't wait to fill it with treasures.

And so I scurry off again tomorrow morning at 7am. See you next week!

Baby Bump's Ultrasound Countdown: 8 days!

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see ALL the treasures! That cart is the cutest.

someone else said...

That's the cutest cart I've ever seen!! You forgot to show it to me when I was there this afternoon. I'll miss you!

owlhaven said...

Who knew you needed a cart to go flea marketing? (Not me.. then again, I've never been.) That is so cute!

Mary

KarenK said...

Thanks, Shannon!

Mom- she came by with it after you left. Sorry!

Mary- Oh yeeeeaaaah! When you're there for 8-10 hours you need more than a shoulder bag.

Can't wait to show and tell!

Anonymous said...

Karen, that cart is the cutest! But not as cute as your feet in the Berkies. :) Have a GREAT time, and score big!

R said...

OH.
MY.
WORD.

I might need to seek counseling over this S E R I O U S Cart envy. That is j u s t t h eEEEE (struggling to get these words out from such a longing of covetedness, healthy of course) keeee yu u uu u test est est dang thing I ever did see.

oh.
my.
word.
I LUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUVVVVVVVVVVVVV ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

You will be the cutest flea market shopper of all time. :) Waaa, hoo!

kate said...

Have fun! Hurry back! We miss you!

kpjara said...

Love the cart...though if that's the SMALL one, I cannot even begin to FATHOM the bigger one! Good heavens!

You all could probably PAY for all your treasures by setting up a little side business upon entry of cart liners and sell em' for $20-30 bucks a pop!

ENjoy, can't wait to see what you pick up! And the piggees look like they're loving their new home.

"Grandi" said...

Tooo Cute!! April 1930 - you crack me up!! HA!!
That is a great cart! I have one of those that has little wheels, and folds up like a purse, but it's not too sturdy if I have something very heavy! I'll have to keep an eye out for one like this! It is a perfect size and the liner with all the pockets is just perfect!
Have a great time!!

Anonymous said...

I love the cart! It looks so handy and so cute. You mst be so happy with it.

Heth said...

Wow. Busy couple-a-weeks for ya isn't it? Whew! Have fun and walk proud. You have the cutest cart in the whole wide world.

I think I need one of those. I'm not sure what for but I'll think of something......

Kathryn Thompson said...

That is amazingly cute. I get this horrible twinge of jealousy whenever you talk about this trip. I hope it's as great as I'm expecting it to be.

Kelly said...

I puffy heart your cart. I am jealous. When I was pregnant with my last baby I had shoes like the ones you were wearing but they were blue with flowers on them. I wore them out!!!!

emlouisa said...

That is TOTALLY cute. I may have to take up antiquing just to push around something that cute. CUTE! (how many times can I say cute?)

I saw a girl that looked like you in the store today. It wasn't, but it made me think of you and how CUTE you are.

There I go with the cute stuff again. I better end now.

Karla said...

Way cute cart - what a great idea! I love all the pockets and everything! Have fun!

Melodee said...

That is so darling!

Anonymous said...

The cart was fun -- so glad you liked it. Besides the cuteness, it was easy to spot you in the crowds of people!!!